Free clicks fund food for shelter animals: www.bit.ly/Food4Animals
Source:Animal Rescue Site
- 4 (1-oz.) unsweetened chocolate baking squares
- 1 1/3 cups butter, softened and divided
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups lightly salted roasted peanuts
- Chocolate Frosting
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Microwave chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl at MEDIUM (50% power) 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals.
- 2. Beat 1 cup butter and 2 cups granulated sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add 4 eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Add melted chocolate, beating just until blended. Add 1 cup flour, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in vanilla. Spread half of batter in a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch pan.
- 3. Beat peanut butter, brown sugar, and remaining 1/3 cup butter and 1/2 cup granulated sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add 2 eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Stir together baking powder and remaining 1 cup flour, and add to peanut butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended.
- 4. Spoon peanut butter mixture over brownie batter; top with remaining brownie batter, and swirl together.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 45 to 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Remove from oven to a wire rack; sprinkle with marshmallows and peanuts.
- 6. Prepare Chocolate Frosting, and drizzle over brownies. Cool completely.